OUR END OF FINANCIAL YEAR REVIEW.
As we complete another financial year at DEC PR, it feels like the prime opportunity to reflect on some of the highlights – from babies, engagements, weddings and jet-setting to our growing DEC PR team, brand-new clients and exciting industry sectors – it’s safe to say FY23 will be one to remember.
Whether in our personal or professional lives, every DECstar wants to see the others grow and succeed, and despite trial or tribulation, get back up and shoot for the stars once more.
Join us in taking a look back on the last 12 months...
From health to tech, motoring to finance, and everything in between, it's been a year of loving our close client camaraderie and better understanding how we can join forces to address their key challenges. In the last financial year, we have...
- Secured over 8,000 pieces of coverage
- Won 20+ new clients
- Executed 100s of amazing campaigns
Whether sharing lunch over one of our internal ‘Bright Sparks’ training sessions to grasp the nuances of commissioning research or hearing from industry leading journalists on how best to collaborate – the team is constantly learning. And we’re sharing all this learning with the next generation of practitioners through our intern program, too, when we:
- Hosted 30 'Bright Sparks' training sessions
- Nurtured 11 wonderful interns spanning Sydney from UTS, Macquarie University and University of Sydney, and Melbourne's University of Melbourne, RMIT and Monash University
- Launched 1 brand new Employee Assistance Program, Benestar
Our growing team
As our client remit grows, so does our team. This year we’ve welcomed a raft of fresh talent, specialists, bright minds and the smartest uni grads who are tapped into the latest trends. Whether it’s sharing an afternoon hot choccy in chilly Melbourne or going for a walk around the Harbour – our mentor catch ups are designed to grow our careers through regular check-ins and goal mapping. This year, we have...
- Welcomed 7 new DECstars
- Enjoyed a raft of epic mentor and mentee catch ups (each including a free coffee!)
- Expanded our geography to Canberra and Darwin (in addition to our Melbournite, Sydney and Noosa team members)
When we spend just as much time with our colleagues as we do our own family and friends, it’s only natural we become just as invested in our team’s personal milestones, as we do their career. Cheers to those of us who...
- Celebrated (and cried happy tears) over 5 new DEC babies
- Popped champagne for 2 newly engaged DECstars
- Cried more happy tears at 3 DEC weddings
- Looked on with envy at 18 international holidays
- Wore the cap and gown at 5 graduations
We often say, “we work in PR, not ER”, and in case that’s ever forgotten – a Thursday win(e)d down with beverage of choice in hand is a handy reminder. Sharing our personal milestones – whether getting back to the gym or celebrating a birthday – are celebrated just as hard alongside the work wins. Here's what we've been up to:
- Indulged in 50+ weekly Snacks & Yacks, with delicious cheeseboards to boot
- Celebrated 15 years of DEC PR with an epic boat day on Sydney Harbour
- Hosted 3 wacky and wonderful Hens / Bucks parties
- Smashed 6 books as part of our 'Let's Get Literary' book club
If you’re numbers-ed out, we’ll forgive you. Bottom line, what a year! We're grateful to be surrounded by the best in the biz and can’t wait to see what FY24 and beyond holds for us!